Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDB installation password

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adventurer

EDB installation password

The EDB is prompting for password, on the installatio Wizard.please enter the password for enterprisedb windows user account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: EDB installation password

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

It seems that the user "enterprisedb" is not getting created with proper group permission's.
After creating the user installer will grants the required policies but it seems that some other policies are blocking the access.

Could you please check the local security policies and check if the "Deny access to this computer from the network" setting included the local account. If yes then try removing this from the policy setting and try running installer again.

If you still face same issue then share the setting for the following policies information,
- Access this computer from the network
- Allow log on locally
- Deny access to this computer from the network
- Deny log on as a service
- Deny log on locally
- Log on as a service

2> Also let us know exact windows version and the
3> Database exact Version which you are trying to install ?

6 REPLIES

Hi,

To perform an installation using the graphical wizard on a Windows system, you must have administrator privileges. To start the Setup wizard, assume administrator privileges, and double-click the edb-as10-server-10.x.x-x-windows-x64 executable file.

Please check below link for detailed information about the installation procedure,
https://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/10.0/EPAS_Inst_Guide_v10/EDB_Postgres_Advanced_Server_Installat...

Kindly share the screenshot if you still stuck on the same screen.

Adventurer

Hi Ranjeet, thank you for the qucik response, I am stuck at the window where promting for  super user password, i do not have already existing password for enterprisedb on this machine, I am  installing first time, but its prompting for valid enterprisedb windows user account, I am  very confused, I have installes EDB on the centos server and other windows system, i have  never experienvedd this, I cant seem to post the pics here, i have screen shot but cannot updated here.

error

Hi,

'enterprisedb' is the service account created by the installer. Somehow installer is not able to create the user with proper privileges. We need to check the installer logs for further troubleshooting. Could you please share the bitrock logs generated by the installation(from temp directory) and the screenshot on the link "http://uploads.enterprisedb.com/" and share the download link.

Adventurer

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

It seems that the user "enterprisedb" is not getting created with proper group permission's.
After creating the user installer will grants the required policies but it seems that some other policies are blocking the access.

Could you please check the local security policies and check if the "Deny access to this computer from the network" setting included the local account. If yes then try removing this from the policy setting and try running installer again.

If you still face same issue then share the setting for the following policies information,
- Access this computer from the network
- Allow log on locally
- Deny access to this computer from the network
- Deny log on as a service
- Deny log on locally
- Log on as a service

2> Also let us know exact windows version and the
3> Database exact Version which you are trying to install ?

Adventurer

Hi Ranjeet,

I was able to install without prompting for password now. The system policies were changed and now its working. Thank you for you help, greatly appreciate it.