cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse classpath cannot find JDBC file

Highlighted
Level 2 Adventurer

Eclipse classpath cannot find JDBC file

I am using Eclipse Luna Service Release 2 (4.4.2) on a MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5.  I recently installed PostgreSQL 10.  PostgreSQL 9.4 still exists; the port connection for both being 5432.  I am using pgAdmin 4 version 2.

If 10 is connected without 9.4 connected, I get the following error when I try to run the project:  “Launch configuration EclipseStarter references closed project PDFBox2”.

Previous to this state I was getting the following error:  “’Launching FirstWbGuiPaniniIndexing (3)’ has encountered a problem.

The archive: /Users/davidellisrogers/Documents/workspace/Panini Test Files 4/PaniniIndexing Working current CODE/src/lib/postgressql-9.4-1200/jdbc4.jar which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist.

I looked for  … /PaniniIndexing Working current CODE/src/lib/postgressql-9.4-1200/jdbc4.jar where the launch could not find it.  It exists there.  The current message “Launch configuration EclipseStarter references closed project PDFBox2” indicates to me that it is still looking for 9.4 jar.

(I have tried the solution suggestion online about a dummy file, but it doesn’t work.)

Next, I did the following, found on the internet:

1. Right CLick on your project folder, Choose Build Path > Configure Build Path
  2. Select Libraries Tab and delete any arbitrary library present there.

So I removed 2 postgresql 9.4 entries.  Tested, still same error.

Next, I removed 4 PDFBox entries and closed PDFbox2 .  Get following error:

Launch configuration EclipseStarter references closed project PDFBox2

How do I go about telling it to look for the postgresql 10? (which I assume is the problem)

I have spent a day on failing to solve this one.  Help would be greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES
EDB Team Member

Re: Eclipse classpath cannot find JDBC file

Hi DavidRog, Hope you are doing good. Could you please share how you are connecting to PostgreSQL and share a screenshot? And please let us know the current set up of your clusters. If both your cluster are on same server they must have different connection port. Could you please change the as10 cluster port other than 5432 and try again? Let us know if it works . And regarding the error “Launch configuration EclipseStarter references closed project PDFBox2” , as you think it is still looking for 9.4 jar . We could find similar error on net . To make it refer to the new project you could follow the following steps Go to Project->properties In properties window's left pane select "Run/Debug Settings". Select "Configure" and click "edit" In tab "Main" replace Project to your current project. Select "Main class" by clicking on search button(it will be your class name). Now hit OK. Let us know how it goes. Thanks, Swagata
Level 2 Adventurer

shot2.gifshot5.gifshot6.gif

Top picture:  Started off with following, PostgreSQL 10 was same (10 instead of 9.4)

The above “Connection” tab does not allow modification of port 5432.

Next, went into VIM, changing 5432 to 5433.

Next, followed your directions on Project  -> Properties -> Run/Debug Settings. second picture above appeared.

There is no ”Configure”.  So, I selected New, getting the bottom picture.

?  I am running Eclipse Luna Service Release 2 (4.4.2).  What next?  Or what did I do wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Level 2 Adventurer

shot2.gifshot5.gifshot6.gif

Top picture:  Started off with following, PostgreSQL 10 was same (10 instead of 9.4)

The above “Connection” tab does not allow modification of port 5432.

Next, went into VIM, changing 5432 to 5433.

Next, followed your directions on Project  -> Properties -> Run/Debug Settings. second picture above appeared.

There is no ”Configure”.  So, I selected New, getting the bottom picture.

?  I am running Eclipse Luna Service Release 2 (4.4.2).  What next?  Or what did I do wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Tags (3)
Level 2 Adventurer

Additional info:

Java_Build_Path_2.gifJava_Build_Path_1.gifJava_Build_Path_3.gif

Level 2 Adventurer

If I run the project discussed in my previous note, I get the following message and nothing else happens:

"Launching EclipseStarter' has encountered a problem.  Launch configueration EclipseStarter references closed project PDFBox2"

If I open the PDFBox2 project, and run the same PDFBoxPanini THIS IS THE GOOD WORKING ONE, I get the following message

If I close all projects except one demo from a book which did work, I get the following SAME error upon trying to run it:

"Launching EclipseStarter' has encountered a problem.  Launch configueration EclipseStarter references closed project PDFBox2"

I tried the same with another project, same error as above.  So, how do I fix the launcher?  It must be inside Eclipse somewhere.

I really do not want to rely on my project to use code in another project.  (I intend to send the finished project to someone; so, lets have it all in one project.)

Thanks.

Level 2 Adventurer

One pic was not included in my last post, the following should have been where the ? was:

photo for 12182017 Addendum 2.jpg

Level 2 Adventurer

I solved it.  Had to do the following:

Select following:  Project  --> Build Path -->  Configure Build Path  -->  Java Build Path  -->  Libraries.  Then select Add External Jars, look around for the JDBC jar.

Community Manager

Thank you, DavidRog.

We appreciate you sharing your findings with the PostgresRocks community!