cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Postgresql through commands?

SOLVED
Level 2 Adventurer

Installation of Postgresql through commands?

I am looking for steps to install postgresql database through a windows batch (OS: Windows) /Shell Script (OS: Linux/Ubuntu).

Batch File / Shell script reads a configuration file which contains the information needed for postgresql db installation. After reading the configuration  file ,the batch/ shell script should start the installations and complete by itself without any manual interventions.

In simple, installation of postgresql db should be done through a wrapper batch / shell script?

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Level 2 Adventurer

Re: Installation of Postgresql through commands?

ashifahameda wrote:

I am looking for steps to install postgresql database through a windows batch (OS: Windows) /Shell Script (OS: Linux/Ubuntu).

Batch File / Shell script reads a configuration file which contains the information needed for postgresql db installation. After reading the configuration  file ,the batch/ shell script should start the installations and complete by itself without any manual interventions.

In simple, installation of postgresql db should be done through a wrapper batch / shell script?

With the help of the document http://get.enterprisedb.com/docs/PostgreSQL_Installation_Guide_v9.6.pdf , i am able to do silent installation.  ..

Community Manager

Re: Installation of Postgresql through commands?

Thank you for sharing this with the Postgres Rocks community!